The objectives of this position are to ensure that incoming Business is carefully and promptly underwritten and placed with the insurance company of choice and the same is updated in the system.
- Ensuring seamless operations of the underwriting department by adhering to systems, processes, procedures, policies and standards applicable to underwriting.
- Ensuring policy documents are issued within the set turnaround times.
- Maintaining effective business relationships to ensure retention of current company clients.
- Responding to customer’s queries and complaints to ensure timely response to customer’s needs.
- Arranging for on time issuance of certificates or any underwriting documents that the clients may request to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring all business has been updated in the birthmark system by close of business.
- Ensuring debits are issued within a day of placement of cover.
Other duties as requested by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
The Candidate Should Have the Following Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science or a Diploma in Insurance
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work with short deadlines
- Ability to work independently.
- IT skills, particularly in relation to using databases.
- Must be a good team player
- Experience with birthmark is an added advantage
Interested individuals should send their application to [email protected] not later than 30th April 2023.
Location and Duration
The position will be based in Nairobi and the indicative start date is immediately. The internship is expected to run for a period of 3 months with possible extension based on exemplary performance.
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted.